What the Music in Portsmouth website is all about
Music in Portsmouth (MiP) has been set up to help (principally) amateur classical musical groups in the Portsmouth area to promote their own and other groups’ concerts and to help avoid date clashes with other groups.
You can filter the concert listings by type of concert (e.g. “Choral”, “Instrumental”, etc.) and print a schedule for yourself. If you are creating a programme for your next concert, you can easily copy and paste a selection of future events by other groups in the area into your programme.
Each month we email out a full listing of the forthcoming concerts in the area to individual subscribers. We also send it to media contacts and other organisations such as libraries, civic offices, other musical groups and tourist information offices so that the listings of what is on in the area will be displayed to the public.
Our aims for MiP are to:
Help publicise the performances of our member groups
Publicity can be expensive, so it is important to know that it is well targeted. It is likely that the people who come to one concert will be interested in other concerts in the same area. The MiP listings will be an effective means of publicity for all.
Prevent clashes of concert dates
When you are planning the dates of your future concerts, it can be very useful to know whether other concerts of a similar nature are being planned in the area around the same time.
If you are a classical musical group performing in or around Portsmouth (including Fareham, Petersfield, Chichester, Havant and Hayling Island) and you want to join MiP, it’s easy. The subscription is free for 2017 and from 2018 will be only £15 per year (January to December).
These are the benefits that you will receive:
- We will update the MiP website with content relating to your own group, following your instructions and using content available on your websites.
- You will receive a regular email of the listings of all the MiP member groups for the next 12+ months, which will be useful for long term planning and for avoiding clashes.
- Individual subscribers, media contacts and other organisations such as libraries, civic offices and tourist information offices will receive a monthly email list of the forthcoming concerts of MiP members spanning over the next couple of months.
- We will encourage all groups to put a reference to the website in their concert programmes, thereby promoting each others’ concerts.
- The MiP website will drive traffic to your websites.
We are adding new performers all the time.
To find out more, please call me on 01243 379724 or click here to send me a message.
MiP website administrator, tenor with The Renaissance Choir