Ben Lathbury writes: Music in Bosham concludes its 2023 season with our annual Messiah “Come and Sing” afternoon on Sunday 3rd December. I’ve decided to take a slightly different approach to it this year. After some years of doing a streamlined “Best of” version, this year, we’ll be looking to perform Part One in its entirety (the version at that link is my “one-man” version from the lockdown years when I had significantly shorter hair and is transposed in places, so take it with a grain of salt). My thinking was that it would help to keep the experience fresh (there’s a couple of choruses involved that we don’t normally sing) and also, since it is on approach to Christmas and Part One deals with the Christmas story, it makes a lot of sense from a narrative point of view.
As ever, admission is free with a retiring collection afterwards.
If you would like to take part as a singer this year:
Please take note of the following:
– Rehearsal is from 3pm
– A cash donation of £5 to cover expenses is requested (plus £2 if you are borrowing a score)
– Evening performance is at 6pm
– Attire is either all black/dark or black and white as you find most comfortable.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested intaking part with the following info:
– Which voice part you will be singing (SATB)
– Whether or not you will require a score (Watkins-Shaw or Prout are recommended if you are bringing your own).