The Regis Music and Concert Club was formed in 1977 to promote the performance of vocal and instrumental chamber music for members and visitors. The inaugural concert was held on 22nd January 1978. The name was changed twenty-two years later to Bognor Regis Music Club.
Recitals are held in Regency-style premises, boasting a minstrels’ gallery, and ideally suited for the performance of small-scale works. The Concert Room is particularly popular with chamber groups because of the high ceiling and friendly proportions. It was used extensively for concerts until 1883, when it also served as the Town Council Chamber.
Established musicians are engaged to provide recitals of high musical standard and varied content.
In addition Members’ Musical Evenings provide an opportunity for members to perform at the club in an informal setting.
Noticeboard posts:Members evening coming up at Bognor Regis Music Club 13/03/2020
Lithuanian pianist Ugnius Pauliukonis to perform at Bognor Regis Music Club 28/02/2020
Soprano Erin Alexander lines up Bognor Regis Music Club date 30/01/2020
Bognor Regis Music Club launches into 2020 programme 16/01/2020
Sir Patrick Moore’s musical legacy 02/12/2019
Local Piano Circle to perform at Bognor Music Club 09/11/2019
Two young sopranos at Bognor Regis Music Club 06/04/2019